Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Why I Love Gymnastics

Hey everyone! I'm sure many of you have watched the Olympics this year! Team USA in so many sports has done very well and were awarded many medals. 
For me, my favorite sport to watch is Gymnastics. I love to watch the women do so well and shine so bright. They kill it every time, I have been a fan of gymnastics since 2008 when I seen Shawn Johnson. Shawn is the reason I became interested and I will forever be a fan of hers.
Shawn Johnson won Gold on the balance beam and silver on floor exercise, individual all-around and team all-around. She won the hearts of so many people and became a huge inspiration.



She will always be a favorite of mine and I enjoy getting to see what she is doing now on her YouTube channel :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ15Zl-v8-ghTgEOTpxHdGw    .


In 2012 we all were introduced to Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman, Jordan Wieber, Mckayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross. I'm a huge fan of theirs as well. I got even more into the sport of gymnastics watching this team, if that was even possible. I enjoyed seeing them grow and become great gymnasts. They won gold as a team and did fantastic. I will never forget how excited I was, I was in amazement. Gabby won in the individual all-around and a gold with the team. Aly Raisman won gold in floor exercise, Bronze on the balance beam, and gold with the team. Jordan Wieber won gold as part of the team all-around. Mckayla won silver in vault and gold along with the team , Kyla Ross won gold along with team USA.




Now, It is 2016 and the Olympics are being held in Rio. I have been so excited to see Team USA win back to back in team all-around, and that's exactly what they did.
This year the Final Five Team USA consists of Aly Raisman as team captain, Gabby Douglas, Lauren(Laurie) Hernandez, Simone Biles, and Madison Kocian.
I am so proud of them winning gold in the team all-around!





Simone Biles receives gold in floor exercise , vault , team , and all-around. She received a bronze medal on women's beam. Aly Raisman did fantastic as well, receiving gold in team all-around and silver in floor exercise and individual all-around.
Madison received a silver medal on bars and Laurie was awarded the silver medal on balance beam.



These girls make gymnastics so fascinating and interesting. I love watching gymnastics and seeing gymnasts amaze everyone with their amazing skills and personalities.

thanks for reading (:

- Ashlyn



No comments:

Post a Comment